Immediate requirements for a proficient PHP developer with Object Oriented experience a must. Good coding practices, with an awareness of DRY principles and a mindset to proactively refactor and abstract code where required. We aim to work smart not hard.
Whilst you don’t need to have experience or knowledge in all of the below items, the more the merrier!
- Craft CMS 2/3
- Experience migrating from version 2 to 3
- Building new websites based on designs provided
- Periodic platform updates and maintenance as required
- Writing and/or maintaining Craft plugins would prove beneficial
- WordPress development
- Legacy websites built using standard wordpress installation
- Rareloops Lumberjack wordpress framework used to build more recent and future projects.
- Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- WordPress maintenance
- Updating platform
- Updating plugins
- Discovering no longer supported plugins and finding alternatives.
- Working with the in-house design team to create robust mobile first UI
- Always taking into consideration the UX across the many multiple device vendors, browsers and resolutions, degrading gracefully where required
- HTML email development working gracefully across all major email clients.
- Development of animated HTML banners using Google Web Designer application or similar.
Nice to have
The elements mentioned below are not requirements, but will certainly earn brownie points;
- Experience working with GIT
- Awareness and experience working with Github and/or BitBucket
- Happy with being involved in code peer review
- Comfortable with CLI
- Experience with AWS
Where possible we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We’d currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.